Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Amtrak, nolonger my favorite mode of transportation

Amtrak, no longer my favorite mode of transportation.
I used to pay homage to the Amtrak experience. The ease in which I was able to check in my luggage or place it on the train and sit in oversize
Often, when I was in a mood to be social. I would head over to the observation room get something to drink enjoying the scenery and strike up a conversation with a fellow traveler.  While waiting for my name to be announced for dinner.
When traveling alone as much as I do. It is easy to become accustom to dining alone. Space is a premium on a train full of potential friends. I never eat alone foe dinner on board a train.
After the diner experience is over I would return to my seat stretch my legs and close my eyes. All this and more I will miss. The Amtrak I once new. For me no longer exist.
My last experience with Amtrak, specifically with a new policy that started March 1st of this year. One that is rigid in its wording not allowing any room for errors even ones made by them. Has me vowing never to use them again. I paid for insurance on their site just to find out it was a third party company that did not protect against the very thing I paid it to do.
Shame on Amtrak for allowing this service on their site. and Shame on your treatment of a former supporter.
It is time for me to catch up to the rest of  the world and go purchase a ticket to fly.

Sylvester Lee Neal
Buster Sly


seats with plenty of leg room. Relax and watch the world go by.

1 comment:

  1. You did not say what happened that changed your mind to traveling on them, was it because of the insurance being 3rd party?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers