Thursday, June 26, 2014

The state of or nation through very different eyes. Leaves me wanting...


I rarely have time to keep up with the news these days. But after having a conversation with a wonderful lady who is the mother of the owner of the house where I live when home in Seattle.

We had never met until two days ago. I have posed the following question in the past. Is it better to understand or be understood? I would say to anyone who has been keeping up with current events. Far to many people are not taking the time to see the complete picture. It is not that they are conservative, liberal, African American, Anglo-Saxon, Latin or any other race.

Fear and ignorance is the root problem and it is systemic. I have much hope, for both can be overcome. All it takes is the ability to really see the complete picture or be willing to see other peoples points of view. When this is done. Two people who have never met on opposite sides of the spectrum at first glance, will find they are more alike than different. For any meaningful relationship based on trust to occur. One of the two people involved must be able to understand where the other is coming from.

When a person feels that what they have said has truly been heard. They tend to become willing to hear what you then have to say. Compassion and empathy should always rule your house.

I was blessed with an opportunity to see the world from a different perspective. She felt comfortable enough in me as time passed to really share her concerns. Once she new that there would be no judgment or condemnation from me on any subject more was revealed. I also felt the desire the share what was appropriate for me to share.

It is not important for me to disclose my profession. It is not who I am. It is simply what I do. And tailoring the message so that it will best be heard. Is part of who I am.

Please do not live your life where the decisions you make are motivated by your fears. They tend not to be the best choices. I look forward to getting to know much more about this beautiful lady who reminds me of my grandmother. And if it is not too late I will be calling her to hear more about the world we all share.

Buster Sly
 Sylvester Lee Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers