Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another lesson in patience and staying in a solution based perspective.

In the past two months I have had the chance to focus more attention the business of running a business. Thanks to a broken foot that has finally healed to the point where I can walk comfortably. And begin booking dates with business in the industry.

Having realistic expectations is of those who are working with me is the  key to my serenity not being challenged. I must also remember to apply this to the expectations I have placed on myself. Staying in a solution based perspective keeps me from ever falling into the "blame game" . That is a trap I learned to avoid many years ago. It only ads to the problem causing resentment. Ultimately doing much more harm than any possible good.

A solution based perspective allows all parties involved to focus on reaching whatever goals that have been set as quickly and efficiently as possible. The team remains a team and no egos are bruised or feelings hurt.

 "It is not what you say, but how you say it", I have heard this phrase so many times over the years and it still rings true today. My favorite question I have posed often in the past would be "Is it better to understand or be understood?".  The common denominator in both of these statements is active listening. How can anyone possibly lead if they cannot understand or be willing to see the complete picture.

I have yet to experience a time when working on a project where there was only one option to reaching a particular goal or solution. Humbling  and refreshing this has been for me.  In order to have a working environment where ideas and creativity of others flows freely. Is the responsibility of the immediate supervisor to put ego aside and encourage people to speak up if they think there is a better or more efficient way to obtain a particular goal. No one is above reproach.

I am writing this entry today because I wanted to share where I have been these past few months and why I have been absent. Not responding to your messages in a timely fashion. Finding the right people to fill key positions and getting them up to speed. While also learning what is needed from me so that they can perform effectively in there position has been all consuming of my time.

In the near future, when all is in place. I will be able to do the thing that brings me much joy. New projects on a constant basis easier access to me. A calendar on my web page that lets you know months in advanced what I am doing and what city I will be visiting.

For people who are trying to reach me and in the past have been frustrated with my lack of response or slow response. I have already implemented a solution. By giving you a direct line  posted on all of the sites.

Growing pains is what I have been experience and I thank you for your patience. I am also grateful for the patience the team has afforded me while I grow into the shoes which I find myself walking in.

Eternally grateful,

Buster Sly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers