Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Paradigm Shift "Swimming upstream"

Paradigm Shift "Swimming upstream"
Ms. Oprah, once said during here talk show, people will always tell you about the type of human they are without even having to ask. All one has to do is be present and listen.
We all love to talk about ourselves especially when trying to make a good impression. I make it a habit to be very clear to anyone in my life where I stand on relationships (family,friends,ex-partners who I will always hold close to my heart).
I share this today because of a gift I received in the form of a life lesson learned many years ago. Yet I had not been applying this well earned bit of wisdom to the social media environment because I failed to see the similarities in peoples behaviors.
A better bridge to the following life lesson that can only be applied properly for me when I am at a place where I am not the center of my universe. What is required for me to see past my nose is simply slowing down and getting out of my own way.
Ego, that word runs rampant in this country of "me first". I have much patience and understanding for a child whose ego runs a muck. Especially when I can give them back to my siblings with a loud toy for good measures of course.
I want to save potential would be friends and lovers time and frustration. If you are needy and demand my attention, at the expense of me not being fiscally responsible. I will never buy what you are trying to sell me. I will thank you kindly and follow, if time allows with a "have an nice life".
I would never work for you no matter how hard you tried to get me to see your way as the only right way. Self absorbed is not a character trait I find appealing.
For the hardheaded ones who did not get the first example here is another red flag for me. Do not ask me what exactly it is that I do on this site. Which on my profile covers most of it. Once more you are telling on yourself and I am grateful. What I got from you is that my time is not as important as yours (you lazy son of a ________.
When I was 21 I would do something similar to that thinking with the other head. Ready to move in and by the china. Unable to even remember if you told me your last name. I empathize with these would be suters. Game knows game. The difference is I have moved on to a different life lesson and do not desire to be on the receiving end on a person who i could never view as a peer.
I do not have the patience or the time to train. I am done for the day balance even if it is only fleeting has been restored. I am no longer swimming up stream.
Which brings me full circle. I just told on myself. It is deliberate, with adjustments made to the person in front of me as I set them up for the soft landing of a over inflated since of themselves.
You lost me shortly after, hello.
.
 andrew adam caldwell took these pictures

p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers