Saturday, January 31, 2015

My friend KamRun, The gift given to me...

I would like to thank everyone for all the well wishes on my birthday. A better one I can think none of. Many of you have reached out to me with the expectation (fair) of a prompt response. As much as I would love to respond to anyone kind enough to take time out to great me. It is beyond my capability to do so.

I tried and failed ending up spending 7 days in the hospital from exhaustion. Due to lack of proper rest, stress and unhealthy diet if I remembered to eat. Balance is the holy grail for which I am always seeking.

Recently I was asked to write about a friend I held in high esteem. He passed on his birthday. Up until now I could not get myself to write anything of substance. Nothing written seemed appropriate until now.

KamRun was my friend, we worked on a few projects together. The last one we did came with a promise to each other not to do another scene with each other. This was because we were laughing while shooting our last scene. I no longer viewed him in a sexual way, it had progressed to friends, He expressed having a similar reaction to us performing in such a manner. My life as it is currently does not afford me with much leisure time. I do not complain for I chose this journey willingly.

KamRun had something that still alludes me and I loved him for it. He mixed career with friends and a partner. There is nothing in this world that I covet. I will always celebrate my friends accomplishments. KamRun had many.

And for anyone who would be first in line to pounce when another human falls short of a goal. Shame, on you. How many people in this world allow fear to prevent them from even trying. I would rather be the first to praise the one who found the inner strength that is needed to weather the storm of naysayers. Those who see mistakes as another tool for learning. One that follows the beat of their heart and decides what success looks like for them.. 

KamRun was many things to so many people. I will know him always as a friend.


With much love and respect..


Buster Sly

1 comment:

  1. So happy you had a great Birthday and sorry you spent part of the week in hospital, may need to adjust your schedule so you can eat properly and also get some more rest as well. Very fitting tribute to Kamrun also, I have been a fan of his scenes for years and he seem really nice from his posts on social media. He was lucky to have a friend like you and may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers