Thursday, April 23, 2015

In the state of Washington...Justice for all who can afford it.

I had an opportunity a few years ago to get a first hand understanding of how justice is served in the state of Washington. I had a judge who changed the rules as he saw fit. One who never had any intention of allowing me an opportunity to be heard.

I fired my first attorney when she stated "innocent people, plead guilty all of the time." The second attorney received the boot when he arrived the court date. Just to ask for an extension. This was after he ignored all my attempts at contacting him 3 months prior to the trial.

The third attorney did the exact thing, showing up the day of the trial never responding to any of my calls or letters. He asked me for an extension so he could prepare for the trial and I attempted to terminate him as my lawyer. This time the same judge denied my request.

He took it a step further telling me that he would not allow me to waste tax payers money or his time. I could either represent myself now or let the attorney I had tried firing represent me. I was forced to take a lesser charge right then and there. Justice at its best.

In hindsight, the first lawyer was likely the most honest and up front. She new full well how corrupt the system has become. Justice is simply a lip service to placate the masses.

I remember when my judge asked me. Why I did not respect his authority? My response was a simple one. Respect is a gift given. You have never given me a reason to do so. I tolerate your ass because I do not have a choice.

I see no reason to have a change of heart now some 4 years later.

Buster Sly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers