Thursday, June 4, 2015

The cost

The cost...I almost allowed fear to when this day. Once more I am confronted with and old "song and dance" In the form of another would be pushy suitor. I have returned to wearing headsets whenever I go out in public.
It is as  close to armor as I am able to wear. Keeping all would be stalkers at bay. Unfortunately, it comes with a high cost. Often times it is one I am willing to pay. Today is not one of those day. The headsets along with body language makes it clear to anyone. I am not interested in any discussion.
This is far from the truth. Fear is the motivation. If only it was just part of my imagination.  But much harm has come my way when I have been vulnerable. Finding a balance between the two continues to be a work in progress.
Today I chose faith over fear. I will return shortly to the gay area of town I felt compelled to depart from  Running away with my tale between my legs. I will face my demons, some of my own creation while most are real. The potential for me to be on the receiving end of a painful encounter.
Life without risk is one that I would never chose to live in. Finding my comfort zone is the key to my serenity being restored.
buster sly.

Andrew Adam Caldwell took these pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers