Saturday, April 1, 2017

Don't ask Don't tell.....


"Hey did tom go over to your place today?" Was the question asked by a person I had met one night with his partner I will call Tom.


If Tom asked me the very same question about you? I would give him the same answer, as would I with anyone else who posed such a question to me. "You are asking the wrong person." Will always be the answer if I chose to respond at all.


"I mean it as no disrespect towards you. Just the opposite. If I were to disclose who may or may not have been with me. From a business point of view in the industry I work in, I might as well quit. Confidentiality is top on the list of things I would never betray to another human. Unless someone's life is at risk and or it involves a minor.
On a personal level, we are talking about integrity, not Tom's but mine.

I am consistent across the board with this subject. I have lost friends over this very thing. When I am a guest in a person's home who is kind enough to host during my travels. I am privy to personal information and often this is given to me in real time while I am working on my computer. There have been times when friends have expressed interest in who I was chatting with and what was the subject matter? Accused of being secretive and worse have I been For never sharing the information.
How could anyone possibly trust me with something personal or intimate, if I am telling them something of the same nature about someone else?
Please do not ask me something like this because I would never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers