Thursday, April 17, 2014

Open to the possibilities...

I am just coming off taking almost one week off to rest and relax. As much I needed this break, I found that I spent almost the entire time alone. Single 20 plus years and counting, this is not anything new to me. What is different is a growing desire to share what little free time I have with another.

I may have grown a bit too comfortable in my solitary life. What makes it more challenging for me is the need for balancing the public persona with my private life. This past week off was a direct result of this need.

How could I expect another person to be placed at number 4 or 5 on  my priority list. I am no closer to finding a solution than I was 10 years ago. Save for one simple difference. I now have a desire and willingness to at least entertain the possibility.

I have written extensively about the devil I know and the lure/trap that lies in living with that type of fear based reality. Growth for me has been in my ability to step outside my comfort zone and take a leap of faith.

Today, I will be open to the possibilities that the universe continues to provide. As long as I am willing to receive the gifts that comes with it.

To the journey,
Buster Sly/ Sylvester Lee Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers