Friday, September 14, 2018

I never compare myself with other...

A few years ago I had to a web designer who asked me A simple question. It was Who is your competition? My answer to him was that I had no competition I don't compete with others. This window in for a day or two before I finally explained to him that I understood exactly where he was coming from.

In the entertainment industry, I have many peers If you I would consider to be mentors. Not a single one would I ever consider the competition. When I compare myself to others I find There are only two outcomes, ego or envy. Neither are good character traits. Never in my lifetime, have I met a person exactly like me. Equal in every way.

I choose to celebrate My friends and peers accomplishments. Especially when they have tried And failed. Far too many times I see people jumping on the bandwagon Criticizing someone When they may not have met an expectation/goal. Taking the risk of trying something new. Outside of your comfort zone is to be commended. Rarely, has it been the case for me to have the success the very first time trying anything? There are many challenges in life. I look at them all as opportunities to learn and grow.

Consider this the next time you might be quick to Jump on the bandwagon Criticizing another human being for failing. It takes courage to do something outside of your comfort zone. Becoming vulnerable Open to injury Yet still willing to try. It's something to be celebrated. Very few people take the road less traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers