Friday, June 7, 2019

Whites only...

On an average year, I'm on the road for 9 months. This affords me the opportunity to frequent the same city. As well as visit The same hotels. The phrase "If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem." Comes to mind.  There are hotels that I had stayed in before That is so blatant with their profiling. With no concern of consequences for their actions. When calling the corporate office I get the same response every single time and that is to say that it is a franchise and the company is independently owned.

I said to them bullshit. As a platinum member and Dimond member or both Wyndham and Choice Hotels. There are certain perks that one Expects to receive For spending the amount of money it takes to make it to that level.  I have stayed in hotels where they have flatly told me that there are no rooms available for a free upgrade. Intern I've logged on booked the room that they claimed was not available and went back downstairs to inform them of their error. Refusal of the room Has me contacting customer service corporate office. Just to have them hide behind This is a franchise And is not owned by Wyndham Or Choice And there's nothing they can do save for me filing a grievance. And it ends there.

I have had a hotel tell me they did not accept my credit card. And never had they excepted the credit card at that location. This is after I contacted the booking agent who called that same hotel to inform them that I had stayed there 5 times in the past using the same credit card.

Portland, Hollywood, and San Francisco are the worst offenders. It must be noted that there's also a very large population of homelessness in these three cities. Which is a subject that needs to be addressed separately? When the corporate office does not hold the hotels accountable.  They are giving the green light To this practice of profiling to continue. I will begin documenting and posting on what I will call the wall of shame All hotels that I encounter which practices this behavior.

Less I become guilty of doing the same by not bringing this practice to light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers