Sunday, October 20, 2019

Balance is my Holy Grail...

BE DIRECT WITH YOUR INTENT.  I am grateful to anyone taking the time to write to me.  Balance is my holy grail. "Hi, or sup" speaks volumes. I am more likely to respond to a direct text message before "hi or sup". I try to be respectful of your time and ask that you afford me the same courtesy. If you haven't seen any of my work?  No worries, neither have I.  If interested use a search engine type "Buster Sly" to access free clips, interviews, and pictures as well as all my social media sites where my number is posted (the best way for your message to be seen in a timely fashion).

I continue to struggle with finding the proper balance with work (includes social media) and time away from the work. Isolation has been my go-to solution for the latter. A solution for me is to find the proper boundaries. Empathy is my undoing. It is a party for me and something that I cannot simply turn off. My struggle internally to reconcile with 2 conflicting aspects of my character.  The need to have relationships where I can be vulnerable nurturing the real part of me that believes it takes a village. While "I am an island" comforts the part of me which knows far too well what the dark side of being open to injury (vulnerable) has taken me. Being on the receiving end of a child molester and stalkers more than I care to count.

Perfect in my imperfection I remind myself. It is a journey of one. But it doesn't have to be that way.



Pictures were taken by Andrew Adam caldwel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers