Saturday, November 8, 2014

I will be present but away for almost two weeks...teaching an old dog new tricks


During the next two weeks I will begin the process to get rid of my predisposition in my dislike of things of the electronic nature. Never beleiving there would come a day when the unthinkable became a universal truth. I must embrace technology in the form of computers, cell phones and the applications that they run on.

After having my profile placed on a 7 day restricted access due to another picture posted on this site that showed far too much. The cost for my apathy has exceeded the benefit that comes from being blissfully ignorant of sites such as Facebook,Twitter, Tumblr.Linkedin, G+. Modelmahem, Bustersly.com, Instagram, Outlook, Dropbox, Blogger, and Flickr.

All of the sites mention are managed and updated daily. With others such as this one commanding on average 5 hours of my day. I am including my Fan Page. My justification for only learning the bare minimum has always been my inability to find the time to invest in being more proficient. The truth behind that half truth is my distaste and resentment that I have harbored for what amounts to balls and chains.

There is a flaw in this way of thinking that I have overlooked these past 4 years. That is, if I am to believe the computers I have owned have a direct line to Satan himself? All that has transpired with regards to things of the electronic nature are simply the Gods conspiring against me. Then why subject myself to the horror everyday.

One of the most powerful tool I have at my disposal in keeping people, places or things from challenging my serenity. Is knowing I am in control of the reality I chose to live in. If there is something I do not like about the life that I live, I can chose to address it or chose to do nothing but pass the blame on others. the victim mentality I have written much on. It is the one personality trait that is a deal breaker for me. That is if I come across such a lost soul.

My work days start early and end very late. I rarely make time to eat my food without it getting cold. I can justify my actions. Follow me for a day or two and it is likely I would get a sympathetic ear. The fact of the matter has been my willingness to tie one hand behind my back while everyone else used both.

The two weeks will have me online at various social media sites developing a better understanding as to how they work using applications that I have been reluctant to read the "how to" instructions. This failure alone has caused me to be kicked off this site a few times because I did not understand what it meant to link accounts sharing data. Especially when one has a material with adult content and the other does not.

When I am online I will not be available to chat. It is a distraction I can no longer justify or afford. For all business related inquires. The best way for me to receive time sensitive information is to use my bustersly.com site where you will find two different  contact forms. They are designed so that I can be more effective at prioritizing my day.

I will embrace the computer Gods where ever they reside. Finally accepting this computer thing is not just a fad that will run its course then be replaced by something just as frivolous.  Dread will be replaced by a hunger to learn something new. Ignorance can only be applied for so long. There comes a time soon after when I am responsible for my actions and placing the blame no matter how well it looks, in the end only slows down my spiritual growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers