Monday, October 5, 2015

Easier to tell you what I am not looking for in a potential partner....

I am single and have been single for the past 20 plus years. I would never rule out dating someone. It's just that I am a little independent.
"Little" was an understatement.
It is easier to share what I am not looking for than what I am. When it comes to dating.
Top turnoff for me when it comes to considering someone to date
1 "You need someone to take care of you."
Really, if I wanted a daddy I would move back with my father and not worry about f****** when I don't feel like it.
2 "We should do everything together."
Scary
3 You will never impress me with your material things... I am happy that you have them but they mean nothing to me.
My friends who know me know me well. I hate shopping. I'm comfortable with my stings but I could do without them.
You are much better off telling me you're a great cook.
4 You complete me will definitely make me RUN as quickly as possible away from you. It reeks of codependency. If your happiness is contingent on me making you happy you set me up to fail every time.
Better to say you compliment me.
5. Insecurity is not cute. Do not ask me to tell you I love you every single day. It loses its meaning.
6 Desperate does not look good on anyone.
7 Never ask me "why am I with you?". Because then I'm wondering, why I am?
8 "You work too much you should spend more time with me"
Do not seek to change me. You will fail every time.
9 I do not compete with others for another person's attention. It is childish and quite insulting.
Beauty for me comes in all shapes and sizes... The way you look its just a small part of the complete picture for me.
A good place to start is loving yourself first. I will respect you for doing that.

 
These pictures were taken by Andrew Adam Caldwell

3 comments:

  1. You are such an intelligent and positively deep individual. I would be willing to bet that you are a GREAT person to have conversations with...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! great list and responses, more people should feel this way! hope your mom is better.
    take care

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers