Saturday, June 21, 2014

Serenity, what a lovely place to be. Difficult to remain in such a state when I am so accustom to the chaos, of my own design.

This return home to Seattle is a sharp difference to the last time I came home from traveling abroad. 7 months ago I had spent a large portion of my time home (three weeks) recovering from exhaustion. I had pushed myself to the point where my body pushed back.

Humbling was the experience for me.  I hard lesson in balance. The holy grail I often write about. My mother came to visit me. As did my farther. I could not tell you when I saw them both in the same room with me at the same time.  I had joked about my supply of sleeping pills which I tried placing in my mother's drink.  The fact of the matter was how much joy they both brought me. During their visits.

This time around. I have set aside a large portion of my time to the things that bring me so much joy. Frequent visits to the library and bookstores (of the PG nature).  Watching old movies with Andrew a person whom I am proud to call friend. We are like old lovers, so accustom to each other that there is nothing he could share which would raise a hair in my head.

To go through life and to have a friend that gets you, is a beautiful gift. We laugh often. So similar with out attention deficit disorder. While having different ways of dealing with life in all its colors.

I have noticed in recent days a bit of an elevated state of agitation. It is a shoe I


am more comfortable wearing. I will begin another tour away from my home here next weekend. My serenity will be challenged by the journey. The gift in working through them, is a better understanding of what makes me who I am.

Today I will accept all that comes my way. Remaining open to the possibilities. It is a great place to be.

Maybe I will meet another Mr right for me. I love the one I see in the mirror everyday. I can find room for another, some day.

To the journey.  May I never get to the destination.

Buster Sly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers