Monday, June 16, 2014

Another lesson in humility. Penance to be paid.

Recently I went out clubbing in Seattle, the city I call home. Going out to a club especially one in the city I live in, is not the same as it once was. This last outing I made the mistake of procrastinating. I Made it to the bar around 12:30am. I am usually gone before midnight when I chose to go hit the town.

I am an introvert by nature. If I had a choice between the library or a night out in a bar full of people? I would chose the library every single time. I arrived at the club and there is a line outside of the establishment.  I do not wait in lines, if there is a line? I will go to another bar or just return home. Yet because a friend was there, I stayed. Mistake number one.

It took 20 minutes to get into the bar. Fortunately for me I always travel with my music and it kept the beast calm just long enough for me to suffer through the delay. Once in I receive surprise number two and three all at the same time.  The club is full and a drunk individual decides to make me his project for the night.

I find my friend ask what he would like to drink, Then proceed to wait in line for another 15 minutes without the comfort of my personal music by way of my headset. The DJ is great and I want to dance but there is absolutely no place to do so. I bid my time. My friend, who is there taking pictures, knows me all to well. He has much more tolerance for these things than I.

I finally get the opportunity to dance and forget for a brief period the discomfort I had been feeling up till then. I get tapped on the shoulder and someone that knows me from past outings begins to dance with me, While demanding my attention. He is a kinds soul and always has been. It is I who should never have gone out.  I dance with him until the end of the song. and make a dash to the exit.

I have not given myself enough time to decompress after being on the road for over 5 months. It was far too soon for me to be out and about without properly recharging my personal energy. With it on short supply my mood was less than stellar.


To my friends in Seattle I ask that you accept my apology. It is good to be home I do miss my friends. I just need to be alone just a bit longer to take better care of my emotional state.

I will be heading to the library in a few minutes. If I see you there I promise to give a polite nod.

Buster Sly.





Andrew Adam Caldwell took these pictures. And yes he was my friend whom I met out at the bar.

1 comment:

  1. Totally understand. You got to always trust you inner voice.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers