Saturday, October 21, 2017

Balance is my Holy Grail.

For me, there's very little difference between friends and those who I call family when it comes to love. If I Call You Friend there should be no doubt that I love you.

If I had all the time in the world I would respond to every message that people have sent to me. When I first entered the entertainment industry I responded to every message sent to me. This practice had to come to an end. When I came to terms with the fact that the majority of my waking hours was spent responding to people.   I wish I could say that I developed a very thick skin and was no longer bothered when I read messages from someone who had first was happy to become friends with me on Facebook but when I did not respond formed a very different opinion of me. Fare from his point of view.

But my reality is slightly different. On an average day I receive over 250 messages it's impossible for one person to respond to them all. I have tried and failed. I get lost in the sea of data. At times I shut down from the sensory overload.
These days I do the best that I can. Learning to be okay with it at the end of the day. Balance is my Holy Grail.  I strive to have it in all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers