Tuesday, November 21, 2017

How not to treat a Platinum member or any customer 101

I arrived in San Francisco at 11 pm Nov 19th booked a room at Roadway Inn on Eddy street. Checked out at 4:50 am after waking to bed bugs. The man working the counter in the lobby gave me two options. Checkout now and get a refund or they could put me in a different room and I would be checking out at 11 am. Note: My choice was a simple one I chose not to risk having the same experience in a different room. He stated I would have my payment and deposit credited back to my account.



I contacted my credit card company after I had booked a room at The hotel Ascend part of the Choice family of hotels, just a few blocks away. I asked if Roadway Inn had returned the money to the room. They called the hotel and the person answering stated they were only returning the 100 dollar deposit. (the deposit I should never have been asked to give in the first place as a Platinum member). I then called customer service at Choice only to have them tell me Roadway Inn (San Francisco on Eddy St) Had the room checked out and they (some professional) stated no infestation of bed bugs were found. I would in fact not be seeing the money I paid for the room returned.



I asked the Choice customer service representative if Roadway Inn produced documents proving there was indeed an inspection done by an outside source, other than the owner. I was told none was asked and none was given, Tell me, what incentive would I have to leave a room at 5:30 am knowing I could not check into another room at the Ascend until 12 pm (they were kind enough to allow early check-in)

The fact that I had checked out of the Roadway Inn only to book a room at the Ascend Hotel a few blocks away, Due to an infestation of bed bugs. Only to be told I would not receive a refund promised by the owner of the hotel at 5:30 in the morning. Because Roadway Inn had told your customer service representative they had the room inspected without offering proof. Speaks volume to me and the lack of value placed on me as a Platinum member.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers